1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, EVERYBODY!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dan Hickling, Jun 18, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Got a Father's Day call from my daughter. We take little victories where we can get them. ;)

My wife did take the offensive in ridding our backyard of a little black snake; that was nice of her...

2. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

uuuuuuuugggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh.....snakes.....why did it have to be snakes...?

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Mrs. Micro is out of town on business. So this AM I got a nice card from Mini-Micro this AM, we went out to breakfast and split a milkshake, then went to the driving range and I watched him hit a bucket of balls (I'm currently incapacitated and can't).

Now he's going to let me watch Mickelson win the U.S. Open in peace.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If I wanted to talk to my dad, I'd have to do a whole lot of cold-calling ...

5. lono

lono Active Member

I put the top down on the converitble and took my two to the park and Mickey D's for b-fast. Nothing fancy, but lots of fun.

Happy Father's Day, SportsJournalists.com dads ... journalism is a job. Being a parent isn't just an adventure, it matters.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm right here. What's on your mind?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

shawn_kemp1, of course.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

To quote the great Ralph Kiner:

"It's Father's Day today at Shea, so to all you fathers out there, Happy Birthday."

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

1. What diseases run on your side of the family so I can finally have a full medical history,
    2. Where are my 32 years of allowances and birthday and Christmas presents?

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Clean your room and we can talk.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I called both my dad and my biological father this morning, and my remaining grandfather.

They're certainly the best men in my life, and I love them all dearly.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Don't forget your other employee who saved your wife from a home birth the second time around.

I won't mention any names though.

Draft saved Draft deleted