1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, EVERYBODY!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dan Hickling, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

As the father of six (plus two great "kids in law") and grandfather of two...I want to wish everyone a Happy Father's Day!!....that mean's EVERYONE!!! By the way, my colleague Kevin Thomas of the Portland Press Herald has EIGHT kids....anybody on the board match (or beat that?)

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Three's more than enough, although my wife insists she's raising four kids, and after my behavior during the USA/Italy game, I can't say I disagree with her. ;D

3. Going out to put a new flag on the old man's plot. (He lost his Vet's marker this winter.) Happy to all, and to you, Dan.
    Eight?
    No thanks.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, Dan, back at you. My kids both came home. Of course, they're still asleep. They say they're taking me to lunch and my son has promised to do a bunch of household chores that I've been putting off until he came home to do them.

5. Yeah, and the Nationals have promised to stop sucking for the day.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

FB, that was yesterday. No guarantee they won't suck today.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Who has the most baby mommas here?

8. sabrefan

sabrefan Member

Happy Father's Day to everyone.
    As my 2-year-old daughter rumbles through the house as I type this, I am reminded why I love don't mind working the evenings that this profession demands -- so we can spend our days together before Mrs. Sabrefan comes home from work. I am truly grateful for that.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I've always been a bit inclined to just ignore Father's Day, since my old man left when I was 8.

But now I have two little boys who teamed up to bring me breakfast in bed this morning -- a bowl of Lucky Charms, poorly buttered toast and a glass of orange juice. Not bad for a 4-year-old and his 17-month-old brother.

If nothing else, my father taught me how not to be a dad.

So to all the men of SportsJournalists.com, especially the rest of the people in my situation -- first-generation fathers -- and those who someday will be, too, I offer a hearty "Happy's Father's Day."

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Thanks.

My son is in the next room, sawing lumber. I think we're gonna go check out the Al Gore global warming movie later. Mainly to get out of the heat. (Note to self: Hmmmmmmmmmmm). Overall, it's a great day so far. Nobody bugging me to do anything. Good times.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This is my fourth Father's Day but it's been bad (thanks to my ex) up until about an hour ago. That's when my little man and I hunkered down on the couch for an hour and a half of serious Tom and Jerry watching (the good ones, from way back in the day). In a while, we're going to go to my mom's for a steak and BBQ dinner. I think this day's turning around.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

My 2 girls (ages 5 and 4) made me cards, then came church, breakfast, visiting my dad, home, watering our new lawn for an hour, now a swim with the kids and off to work....
    Average Sunday when you think about it.
    BTW, Sabrefan used to work for me and when my wife was in the hospital giving birth, he did a great job of holding the fort down.
    You don't forget the people that helped you at that time.
    Thanks again!

Draft saved Draft deleted