1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy ending for Ricky Williams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 22, 2009.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Or maybe from him, if you pay extra.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/sports/football/22williams.html

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Paging Starman to piss on "another reformed athlete"

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

...Or Williams is another inductee for the "Freak Show Contestant Hall Of Fame."

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ricky Williams smoked a little dope and marched to the beat of a different drummer. BFD.

Even though he did squat his one year up here with the Argos, he always came across in interviews as thoughtful. Very soft spoken guy who as good as he was, never seemed to fit into the macho world of pro football.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ricky Williams smoked dope. Ricky Williams likes dope. Ricky Williams will be puffing like a steam engine when he retires. Good for him. Next story.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's a great lede.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

We have our moments.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ricky's not much of a team player, but legitimate individuality prevents that. It's a little disappointing he didn't get more out of his abilities, but the guy seems happy and doesn't cause near the trouble many of his peers do, so he's OK by me.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When I saw the thread slug I briefly thought legalization had snuck up on us. :D

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Upon gaining whatever certification is required for this line of work, I'm guessing his first client will be LeBatard.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Close, but no Cheech-and-Chong fatty...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-ricky-williams-dolphins-massage-s071509,0,5134744.column

Draft saved Draft deleted