1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Canada Day, Fellow Canucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So if I wear that nametag now, will you help out those of us without?

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Just in time for Dominion Day :)D), Tim Hortons announced it's finally coming back home.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/658545

Until yesterday, the house built on the doughnut and double-double had been registered for nearly 15 years in Delaware, after its purchase by U.S. burger chain Wendy's.

Parent company Tim Hortons Inc. announced yesterday it has filed documents in the United States that would shift its corporate ownership back north of the border. Its current Canadian headquarters is in Oakville. The move, which it had said it was considering, is expected to save taxes and to ease international expansion.

Wendy's took over Horny Tims in 1995 and spun it off in 2006. According to this article, published on June 30, the company will accomplish the cross-border switch by creating a Canadian subsidiary with which it will then merge.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

You still have that?
    Any SportsJournalists.commer that is in my neighborhood, I will treat to a free Tim Bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted