1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday, Rosie!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Oct 12, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, Strawberry Shortcake got a Peppermint Patty cut

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Boone's Farm?

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Stone Hill Winery - and sadly, the bottle sits unopened, never did get a chance to have a glass last night.

Thanks again everyone for the birthday wishes - especially the Neal Broten card, the North Stars will always hold a very special place in my fangirl heart.

You are all wonderful.

It was a quiet day, I had a busy day at work - but Mr. Rosie brought me a rose, there were lots of happy birthday wishes on Facebook, here and another e-mail group I belong to (which, I didn't know that group knew my birthday, seems like a young Rosebud had her fingers in that one.)

When I finally did get home - after stopping to wash my filthy truck - I got my birthday present. A bug deflector for my truck. Been wanting one of those since I bought it, yay! Guess what I'll be doing this weekend. :D Rosebud made me a cake and they made supper, so all in all, it was nice. And quiet, as all of them had activities last night so I had a few hours of just me and the dog - I made myself ignore the nagging little jobs and just curled up on the couch with the Monday Night Football game.

Now, back to reality - I have a 13-hour work day today. *sigh*

4. dooley_womack1

Deflecting bugs?

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Bugs are gone now - I'll be installing the bug deflector on my truck :p

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ah, just wear some sturdy Ray-Bans. They've been my bug deflectors on my bike for a few years. ;D

7. dooley_womack1

Well, heck, now you can wait till spring to do that.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nah, gotta to do it now. In the winter, that thing helps deflect the snowballs from the folks angry from being sent to their rooms.

9. dooley_womack1

I was talking to Rosie. Comes time for your birthday, we'll talk then. ;)

10. Another reason I came back!
    Happy, happy, Rosie!

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Helps deflect rocks from gravel roads, too.

I like Sam's idea, but honestly, if someone throws a snowball at my truck, I'll do more than ground them. ;)

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Happy birthday to my favorite Minnesotan. I'll tip a Leinie's Red for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted