1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday, Barsuk!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Mar 1, 2008.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Go shortie, it's your birfday.

Enjoy.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Barsuk! Hope its a great one.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Give it up for Barsuk's birthday!

[​IMG]

Have a good one!

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I was just about to post this!

Happy anniversary of the date of your birth, buddy!

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Happy birthday!

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Thanks for the birthday wishes, y'all (except you Chico Walker; I was hoping for Thad Bosley).

And this will out me to some people, but what the heck? If I had a dime for every time I said that, I could buy a handful of Jolly Ranchers or something.

This is a big one for me -- The Big Three-Oh -- and I've been dreading it for quite some time. On top of that, I've had a nasty head cold for the past four days, so it's been a pretty shitty week.

Now is the time when I shift this from my birthday thread to a tribute to my wonderful wife. Thanks to her, instead of this day being dreadful, it has been great ... and it's not over yet. She had me set up for an 8:30 a.m. tee time on one of the area's better courses, then met me for a surprise lunch.

I'm told something else is going down this evening, but I don't have to be ready until a little later, and being left to my devices for now, I'm about to go take a long, luxurious nap. So, so long for now. I'll come back and report on the rest of the day's festivities later.

Thanks, again, for the well wishes.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Who the fuck is BarsuK?

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

Here's to hoping you don't fumble the day away.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

It's official -- I have the best wife ever. There was a surprise party, a pictorial history of my life on DVD (set to awesome music, no less) and a year subscription to MLB.TV. She rocks.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's still your birthday in central time, you son of a bitch! Not that I live in that time zone.

Draft saved Draft deleted