1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 50th Anniversary to ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jun 7, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My parents.

Now that it's past midnight (by about two hours, but I was at a wedding tonight so I wasn't here to commemorate the time right at midnight) it is my parents' 50th wedding anniversary.

No, none of you (well, one or two of you have met them) know them, but they are the two best people in the world to me.

On June 7, 1958, they married. I love them with all my heart, and if you'll all indulge me, I'd just like to put out a wish to them here. So here it goes:

Jim and Anne, you're the best ever. I love you.

Thanks for your indulgence.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's cool, OT. I had thought the thread was going to commemorate how much time SC has been logged on.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Says the guy who at the moment has the last post in four of the top five threads on the Anything Goes board. :)

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's great. Congrats.
    We just hit 30. I doubt I'll live to see 20 more and I doubt she'll put up with me that much longer anyway.

Good on your parents.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

That's wonderful, OT.

Happy anniversary to your parents. I hope they have a wonderful day.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I was almost certain this thread was created to celebrate the birth of the term 'global warming.'

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Congrats to them. My grandparents made 50 and a few more before my grandmother passed away. It's a great milestone, and it must be amazing to find someone to share your life with for that long.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

All the best to the older tonys on their most special day.

As a small present, here's a recap of what happened in baseball as they took the plunge:

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Tell your parents congrats, old_tony!

That's GREAT!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's the car spnited got for his 21st birthday.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Thanks. Dad would love that picture. He met mom when he pulled up at her house in his new 57 Chevy convertible. He was actually looking for her sister, but mom was sitting on the front porch. The rest, as they say, is history.

On a side note, my dad went to a NASCAR race with me and my brother last summer. When we picked him up at their condo, mom and dad wished each other a happy 50th anniversary and kissed goodbye as we left. Turns out it was 50 years that they had met that day and they still celebrate it themselves. I thought that was really cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Heh, OT, congrats to your parents.

That's absolutely wonderful.

I hope you and your siblings (assuming you have some) threw a great party.

Enjoy.

My dad died 26 years ago and I still think of him every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted