1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 4th Birthday SJ.Com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 9, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Webby insists the site is older than this, but October 9th 2002 was the day SJ returned from the cyber-rubble of the post-Anon3:42 apocalypse, complete with registration and the life-altering PM function. I'll never forget the exotic weirdness of seeing that little note, 'You have 3 messages!' The first from mwm, the second from StanBelindaCarlisle, and the third from the guy who Boomed into me at Stan's a few nights earlier during the ALDS in New York. That third message was really, really good--happy anniversary to us too, baby.

No clue what we all could have accomplished over the last four years if we weren't all glued to these blue and white rectangles, but it couldn't have been as much fun as this. Hard to imagine a world without all of these great friends, each and every one an expert in every subject known to mankind.

Thanks, Webby, for the wild ride. Don't be surprised if one day some little kid comes up to you and tells you his name is Webby too...it's the least any of us could do. :-*

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

cyber-rubble...
    and just who caused that cyber rubble....

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Um....the tennis mom?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Barney_Rubble?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've been here about 18 months. Happy birthday, SJ, and thank you, truly, to the owners of this site. Provided me days hours of great fun and insight.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just checking ... ;)

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

My four year anniversary is next week. God only knows how much of those four years I've wasted here.

And I'm a better person for each and every minute I've spent here.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

whatever happened to StanBelindaCarlisle?

And Boom, I hope you're still not pissed that I sent 21 her first PM.....as I've explained to you countless times before, you and 21 had just met and you were still a few weeks away from becoming the board "couple". I sent 21 a friendly note....nothing more. Christ....it's been 4 fuckin' years man...let it go!

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

dooley_rubble?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Thank you for obliterating my work ethic ... I could not have done it without you. ;D

And God bless BYH ... and dooley ... and Boom ... and 21 ... and TheSportsPredictor ... and FrankRidgeway ... and Bubbler ... and FB ... and ... and ... even you, DyePack ...

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

StanBelinda is still around. Still the best game we ever played here...probably should start that one again in honor of the birthday gala.

As for your first note to me....I turned it over to the police, but never showed it to Boom. Probably helped that you changed your name....

12. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I first registered this domain on Oct. 18, 2001.... the site has been through a lot of changes since then.

Draft saved Draft deleted