1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 10th Birthday PTI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spikechiquet, Oct 25, 2011.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

By far. BNWriter, the reason the show is above the ESPN bashing is because it is a very good show. With Wilbon and Kornheiser, it has a pair of knowledgeable, funny guys who have a tremendous rapport. They have been friends for a long time and it shows. I can't even watch the show if one of those guys is out of pocket and it's Ryan or Le Batard co-hosting.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Did I just see Barry Melrose discussing Suh's "taunting" on SportsCenter?

For all their work to protect "the brand" - ESPN, when it isn't broadcasting sports, has become one big mess of goo with people of varying credibility commenting on the latest outrage of the day. It's like all of their non-sports programming has morphed into one thing - like that movie Leviathan.

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I always respected Wilbon. Unless he's being a Northwestern homer, he has always been a straight-edge guy with solid opinions. He hates NFL rules favoring QBs, he hates the Yanks and Sox and he tucks his shirt in when throwing the first pitch at Wrigley.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Same here. I can't stand when Le Batard or Ryan or anyone else is in one of those seats.

5. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Appointment television for me, usually the second airing.

Love how Tony always says "Your [insert Chicago team]" and Wilbon always accuses T.K. of sucking up to the East Coast teams, especially New York and D.C.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Holy. Crap. That was fucking awesome.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

My only beef with that video is they left out the "ring of debris around Uranus" jokes that TK has done probably a half-dozen times.

Juvenile humor, but I always laugh.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just think of some of the lexicon these guys have either made or made more popular than it was (at least among me and my friends):
    You're boy
    Beatdown
    Vigilante Justice
    Strugg-a-ling
    Drew Breeeeees
    Ball Night
    Let me Axe You Something
    Junk
    Up Top
    I stink
    Who ya got?

I don't get to see PTI until about 2 a.m., so after everything they talk about in preview is over...still a must see for me.

Oh, and if you lay money on the opposite of what Wilbon predicts at the end of the show...you'll probably win more than 65% of the time

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I love Le Batard's opens. He seems very self-aware he's unpopular and annoying.

That said, I've seen parts of his new show, and it's freaking horrible. I guess it's all downhill from "BAM!"

10. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I have seen very brief moments of Le Batard's new show. Words fail me.

11. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Also "Who ya got?"

every time Wilbon picks one of my favorite teams, I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.
    But I loved when he said the Jags had "no chance" on Monday. That's when I knew Duval would represent.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Thanks CC, added to the list.

Draft saved Draft deleted