1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 10th Birthday PTI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spikechiquet, Oct 25, 2011.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Always been a fan of the show. I usually don't get to see the show until after work, so I just saw they mentioned it's been 10 years.

10 years and not much has changed since the first show:

2. I love PTI. I hate Around the Horn. That is all.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I watched like five times and can't stop laughing. It's better when you know it's coming.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Another big PTI fan, here.

This video is 10 years of the best opens, some really funny stuff here:

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That makes me wish I'd watched PTI more.

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Kornheiser manages to make recycled jokes even funnier. Well done.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The best PTI innovation? The running "menu" that gave you an idea when a certain topic would come up.
    I can't help but think PTI's sensibilities have filtered throughout the network into pretty much all areas of programming, turning analysts into "lightning round" contestants, going out of their way to be provocative and stir controversy. I don't mind Kornheiser or Wilbon having strong opinions, but when they're trying to make everyone a Kornheiser or Wilbon, it's just wrong.
    Maybe ESPN's next show should be Say Something Stupid.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't think you can blame PTI for that. ESPN and TV in general already was headed in that direction.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Best show on ESPN.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Laughed like hell at the end of yesterday's show when Tony was losing it because his champagne bottle/popper thing wouldn't work.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Yes, PTI gave birth to Around the Horn, and for that it can never be forgiven.

But without PTI, we'd never have Get Out of My Face from The Onion.

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/rex-ryan-rob-ryan-announce-that-they-are-brothers,21311/

12. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I know I am in the minority here, but...Good God! This idiocy (which I refer to after having seen it on numerous occasions...as Pardon The Idiocy) has been on for a decade...???

I can't understand why. But then again, that's just me.

We complain about ESPN on this board but I can't understand why, if we do, that this show gets a pass.

I just don't care for it.

OK...I'm done (for now anyway...). Continue The Discussion.

Draft saved Draft deleted