1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Haney: Tiger is a cheap, rude prick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 20, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe Tiger is the only guy like this on the tour...

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe there are many guys who are NOT like this on the tour.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Tiger Woods, from the get-go, always struck me as a very cold, very self-centered player who was almost machine-like. As a result, I never rooted for him, and I'm not a big golf fan anyway, so it never was must-see TV to watch him play. The one time I really sat down and watched him play a round was the U.S. Open playoff against Rocco Mediate, and I found myself admiring his ability and h is will to win, but I still rooted for Rocco.

Conversely, now that he's apparently on the downside of his career and everybody's taking potshots at him, I just don't find it in me to join in. I guess I pity him more than anything. Here's a guy who had the world at his fingertips, who was the best ever at his profession, and now, slowly but surely, it's all slipping away, and he did it to himself. Somehow, I find that sad.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And the SEALs disputed that whole "training with them" thing from a few weeks ago.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

More than a few . . . and there's a long history of it . . . being utterly-self-absorbed = dickville.

6. I find it really, really hard to pity mutlimillionaires. Esp. when they brought that shit on themselves.
    He made his bed ... I think he's going to end like Ben Hogan.

I also don't like the fact that Haney writes a tell-all. If I was PGA'er, I'd sure as shit think twice before hiring him.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

One of the things I loved about being a sportswriter was meeting that rare example of an incredibly accomplished athlete who was also a decent human being.

This thread title made me think, "Sun rises in East."

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You mean that visit to a Naval Reserve base doesn't mean I'm a SEAL?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Wonder if Haney discloses in his book how many millions he hade off of Woods.

As big a mess the whole Tiger/Stevie thing turned into, you would never see Williams write a cash-grab book about it.

10. I wouldn't bet against it.
    Stevie is every bit the prick Tiger is. If his cash flow dries up, and given his new found animosity for Woods, I can totally, totally see him dishing the dirt.

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Really? I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see Williams do that once his days as a bag ape are over.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yeah, that Stevie book is coming eventually. I believe he's even hinted at as much.

Draft saved Draft deleted