1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween parties

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Oct 28, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Years ago one of the campuses around here used to have a rousing Halloween gathering in the streets.

Then a student from the snooty private school forgot to duck when a bottle took flight. The subsequent lawsuit cost the university some cash.

The subsequent bludgeoning of the party killed it within 2 years.

Now it's back, just for a different holiday. The first fatality was last year.

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Hey Rosie, you back from the party yet? Did you hook up with some hot boytoy?

3. KP

KP Active Member

Super Fan? Sounds like Fangirl Looser to me!!!

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Last year I threw one at my place. I gave a couple friends from work the key to my house so they could decorate it with black and orange streams, some cobwebs, some fake spiders, etc. I couldn't be there because I was 200 miles away to cover a state cross country meet. When I got back in town, I had to help on desk, too. So by the time I got home close to midnight, the only way to do it was to have a quick and easy costume.

Well, I kept my cap and gown from college graduation. Rolled up some papers and put a ribbon around it for fake papers and there it was, my 2005 costume. Took no time to get into costume and start hammering away at the Code Red.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm back.

Yes, KP, we all know I'm a Fangirl Looser when it comes to the Wild, Twins and Vikings. :p ;)

Wound up going to the bar next door and took a couple turns at the karoake mike. I may have been a Looser Fangirl, but I kicked ass singing if the crowd response was any indication. ;D

Sorry Spaceman, didn't hook up with any hot boytoys, there weren't any worth my time.

Now I have a major case of hat-hair, I'm gonna crack another cold one and waste my extra hour on the internet.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

what did you sing, rosie? ??? ??? ???

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

"Black Velvet"

"House of the Rising Sun"

and I went up with one of my friends who was afraid to sing by herself and we sang "Daydream Believer"

8. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

The beer can costume was a much bigger hit at the Halloween parties than I ever thought it could be. I'm still not sure if it was worth $40, but if I keep it in good shape for a few years, maybe I'll change my mind.

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I definitely did Fratty McFratfrat last night. A greek t-shirt, two polos (collars popped), one button down w/ collar popped, ripped jeans and a pair of flip flops. To complete the look, trucker hat w/ university on it slightly askew.

At least three people asked if i was in costume. :'(

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I did the old-school reporter thing.
    Black suit, black vest, gray shirt and brimmed hat with "Press" tag sticking out of the band. Went over pretty well, although a local bar owner who's been having trouble w/ the paper joked about kicking me out.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

If I was going to a party, I'd take off all my clothes, tie a potato to my penis and tell everyone I was dressed as a dicktater.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Holy crap. I went to sleep too early last night.

House of the Rising Sun and Daydream Believer.

Rosie, you are the queen of SJ!

Draft saved Draft deleted