1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween costumes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

For you folks with kids, one of the best costume ideas I've ever seen came from some friends, who dressed their infant in a bee outfit and then wore white pants, long white coats, white gloves and pith helmets with veils. They were the beekeepers.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I went as Hunter S. Thompson for a couple of Halloweens. Last year, I went as a high school basketball coach, complete with whistle. I've got one female friend urging me to go as a pimp, which is kind of played out, but I'll do it if she goes as one of my hos.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Did you talk in cliches all night? :D

A few years back, one of my friends went as some fictional character named "Futureman 3000." He wore a cardboard box, and covered himself in tin foil and silverware. Funny stuff.

Maybe I'll go as Bo Jackson again...

[​IMG]

If you recall, the kiddie uniforms of the early 1990s featured the infamous single-bar facemask. Ah, the memories.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't believe I've ever seen a Super Nintendo used like that.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

My crowning costume, which I might reprise this year, was to use posterboards to create a milk carton and had my face sticking out the side with the words "Have you seen this child?" above my head.

My other fallback is Matt Foley -- "Hey, Dad, I can't see real good....is that Bill Shakespeare over there?"

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I usually go as a sailor. I've still got my uniform, ribbons, medals, etc.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the earliest i'll ever think of my costume is oct. 30

have had to work most halloweens, so haven't had a chance. last one i think, was 2001 -- i went as an anthrax letter, had some baby powder i threw all over people

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

C'mon, Alley. You gotta come stronger than that, man.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

One of my friends was huge Prince fan and he decided to go as Prince to his fraternity's halloween party. He got the purple suit, the frilly shirt, a pair of funky shoes, the whole get-up and he was just so excited about it. Mind you, he's 6-2 and about as Irish as they come. After the weekend I called him to see how the party went.

"Sucked. Sucked so bad."

"Why?"

"I spent the whole night telling people, 'No, I am not Elvis!' Do people not recognize Prince when they see him?!?!?"

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Had he worn purple get-up with the assless chaps, maybe he could have avoided the confusion. ::)

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Gives new meaning to "Nintendo curveball"

Draft saved Draft deleted