1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween at the Wendy's Drive-Thru

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They didn't actually work at a Wendy's. They were at a teammate's charity Halloween party.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A brief foray into Google reveals the Wendy's incident was neither Cullen's first foray into drunken escapades, nor his first foray into pretty weird sexual adventures, as well as revealing his "official resume" appears to be highly fictional. He should have been terminated on the spot by the Lions when it happened, and he sure as hell should have been fired over the summer.

But of course, this is the organization run by Matt Millen.

3. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Although rooted in serious personal issues, the unbelievably bizarre particulars surrounding the incident made Cullen and the Lions the “butt” of a steady stream of derisive punchlines across the country.

Sharp faults Kitna for being insensitive, and then he goes for the derisive punchline himself.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Next year, Kitna will have to go as a guy passed out at a Subway in Oxford.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mrs. Kitna was just voted the least sexy athlete wife in America.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cullen deserved everything he got

7. But Sharp lets himself off the hook, which I found interesting:

It’s one thing if such insensitivity emanates from a smart-alecky columnist who has long accepted the inevitability of his eternal damnation. But it’s a wholly different matter when it’s one of the coach’s own players who obviously is comfortable publicly mocking the man’s personal fallibilities.

8. Or an all-growed-up Blossom.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Do they recruit pussies to be coaches of the Lions? I recall Scott Mitchell getting in all kinds of shit because he tucked a pillow under his shirt, grabbed a cigar and went for Halloween as Wayne Fontes. Now this shit. Fuck Cullen, and fuck these people that can't take a joke. I dont know if anyone's noticed but "being sensitive to people's feelings" is only working about 5-percent of the time. Maybe mocking them is the a better solution.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, Scott Mitchell mainly caught shit because of his penchant for throwing beautiful arching spirals, caught in full stride for spectacular breakaway overtime touchdowns. For the other team. :eek: :eek:

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I refuse to believe Scott Mitchell had to put a pillow under his shirt in order to look fat.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Kitna to get into a broadcast booth. From this to describing last year how he beat Dallas, he will have a lot of hot sports opinions that will entertain.

Draft saved Draft deleted