1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Half of Kris Kross Found Dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, May 1, 2013.

1. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Well, Kris Kross him off, then.

2. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Member

[polls closed]

3. joe

joe Active Member

No swing, please.

4. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Member

Holy cow. CNN is giving this the war-is-imminent breaking-news treatment on its homepage right now. Good grief.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Well played.

I'm partial to House Of Pain's Jump. Didn't like it when it was out, but it's ridiculousness has won me over. That ... and its awesome use at Camp Randall.

Like VH and the Pointer Sisters, weren't Kris Kross and House Of Pain's Jump songs out around the same time?

As for VH, nothing wrong with Jump, other than that its been overplayed. And yes, Van Halen died when DLR left.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

RIP.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'll take "Panama" and "Everybody Wants Some" as Van Halen classics over "Jump" any day — just straight-ahead VH with the driving beat.

"Hot for Teacher," of course, is in a special class of its own.

8. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

White house announced that obama is going to wear his shirt backwards today.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's "Jump Around." And that song was the dog's nuts. That and "Shamrocks & Shenanigans."

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember seeing them for the first time on In Living Color. Everybody was talking about it the next day.

It's a fun song. Hardly a classic, but you hear it and you think of 1992.

11. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Everybody wants some is a great song, but everytime I hear I think of the scene in Better of Dead and imagine a claymation hamburger running around.

12. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

This. I remember when the song first came out. Loved it then, now and always. Know all the lyrics, along with the lyrics to a lot of other House of Pain tunes.

Draft saved Draft deleted