1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halberstam dead

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spud, Apr 23, 2007.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

<a href="http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003678482_kelley24.html">
    Click here for Kelley's column on Halberstam</a>

2. That was a very nice column. Thanks for posting it.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Well done.

4. What is up with Kelley's leave of absence?
    Is it related to Halberstam's death?

5. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

Before his column today, Kelley's archive doesn't show a column since early April so I'm assuming he was already on leave.

6. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Should I be uneasy because when I told my EIC he was dead, he looked up and said, "Who is that?"?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Um...wow.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Um, yes.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

[​IMG]

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

An editor at my paper had a similar reaction. "His name sounds familiar," he said.

As did, I gander, the sound of me thumping my head against my desktop in frustration.

11. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Where's the other thread on this?
    Is it locked?
    I searched for it once yesterday afternoon and was surprised nothing showed up so I was about to start a new thread.
    Then, I went back and searched again because I was sure someone on here had heard about it. I did and saw the original thread called "Halberstam RIP" come up. Now today I did a search and nothing but this thread comes up.
    I only bring this up because people love to tell you you've posted a D_B...but it's hard not to when the first thread is hidden.

But whatever. Halberstam was an awesome writer. His book on Michael Jordan was great. It was one of the best next to the Jordan Rules by Sam Smith....IMO.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/40551/

And RIPs usually go on the 'news' thread since they're usually news. It's why this one was suggested high up to become a thread discussing his work, i.e. a journalism topic.

Draft saved Draft deleted