1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Had sex with one of your students? You're banished to Canada.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Oct 23, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

News update:

Our Premier Dalton McGuinty doesn't want the guy allowed back into Canada.

McGuinty calls it a bad precedent and wants Watson, 35, to serve his time in the U.S.

He says he doesn't want Ontario to become a dumping ground for American sex offenders. New Democrat Michael Prue, a former immigration officer, calls Watson's sentence bizarre, and says it goes contrary to international law.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1161684727878&col=968705899037&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News

2. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

In Oklahoma, I believe such things are par for the course.

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I was so set to like you, Kaylee. So set.

To steal a phrase from some of my favorite people here, you are dead to me now.

Dead. To. Me.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Uh oh!!!!!!!!! UT's never had to pull out the Dead. To. Me. line before. . .

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Maybe we need to sticky a list of those who are dead to sc...

I always forget if I'm on there or not from day to day.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think you earned a permanent reprieve after the "heart-shaped ass" comment.

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I will allow that maybe I've just spent time in the wrong parts of Oklahoma. And most certainly have seen the wrong people.

But that beer-that's-not-really-beer is pretty tough to ignore.

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Well, that I understand.

I was waiting for the right time to echo your fabulous sentiment. :)

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If you're fucking the girls in Buffalo ... you're gonna need it.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And an update on the story: He gets to stay in Canada!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061027.woffender1027/BNStory/National/home

Niagara Falls, Ont. — An American sex offender was released from custody and ordered to live at his family's home in St. Catharines on Friday, after an immigration official said the man posed little threat to society.

“I'm satisfied that as a danger, you're at the low end,” said Ken Thomson, the immigration review board member who gave the ruling in Niagara Falls, Ont.

“When I look at the evidence. . .it's clear that he comes out at the low end of the scale.”

Malcolm Watson was arrested Wednesday trying to re-enter Canada from Buffalo, N.Y. The federal government wants Mr. Watson kicked out of the country.

Mr. Watson, dressed in a white dress shirt, looked relaxed and smiled from time to time during the proceedings.

His wife sat beside him, somewhat less expressive.

Draft saved Draft deleted