1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Had it been reported that Steinbrenner has dementia?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jul 13, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If Yankees brass continues to lie, deny, and obfuscate re: Steinbrenner's condition, then it stands to reason someone will lie, deny, and obfuscate in order to get to the truth.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I don't feel that the repeated "Great to see ya, Tommy!" was dementia.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

How could it not be? He answered that to questions like how the family was doing.
    Also, I'm with Boom on this one. Just because the Yankees hide him from view doesn't mean you have to be hell-bent on finding out why.

I was at Yankee Stadium the day they announced the plans for the new stadium. George just sat there on the dais with a blank look and never got up to speak. For many of us, it was the first time we'd seen any of that, and I know, at least in our TV truck, many "is he ok?" questions were asked. I went over to the YES truck later and more than one person there said that his condition was pretty ugly.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think it's more because Steinbrenner has always been outspoken and the face of the Yankees. Now he's barely seen. He's made himself the story.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think Murray might have dementia. His columns keep repeating themselves.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I could see canned repetitive answers to McEwen after it is revealed that, instead of the guy pushing the wheelchair being McEwen's nurse, he is a parasite journalist, pulling the remora job to get onto his property.

I could see myself giving the same answer over and over again to let McEwen know how pissed I was.... without seeming overly pissed.

That said, I've seen that Steinbrenner face where he looks like he has just witnessed some fearful tragedy. It was well described by Lidz.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

C'mon, Boom . . . the Public Has A Right To Know . . .

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Ben -- great to hear from you.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nobody's looking to pile on.

But after three decades, plus, of bluster, bullying, and bullshit, Propagandameister Howard still won't come clean with anything resembling the truth?

Yankee Baseball . . . . you can have it.

Draft saved Draft deleted