1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Ha ha! Your medium is dying!"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Khartoum, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Khartoum

Khartoum Active Member

Really? Nobody's posted this? Nobody watches anymore? Have Buck and the Seinfeld loosers taken over in my absence? For shame!

http://www.pegasusnews.com/blogs/pegasusnewsblog/2008/jan/06/nelson/#comments

"Nelson, there's being right and there's being nice." Ouch, man.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I alluded to it on another thread. It was too raw a wound for me to start its own thread.

But thanks for the salt pouring.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Re: "Ha ha! Your medium's dying!"

When you click to the home page of Pegasus News, the lead story -- the most interesting news in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area today, according to them -- is seven paragraphs about a chef leaving a group of restaurants where, apparently, what they cook best is pizza.

If print is dying, I doubt Pegasus News will be able to legitimately claim much of a role in killing it. In fact, I bet they die faster. Haha!

4. I thought there would be a thread as well. I couldn't stop laughing.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nelson's a big jerk.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I almost choked when I saw it last night...

Great line...

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Et tu, Nelson?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Now where will 'Toum be in F_Bat's Pythagorean rankings, at a rate of .00003333 posts a day?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was watching it with my kids and -- while I thought the line was funny -- I was a bit embarrassed. If I were 9 and thought my dad had a job that might not be there in a few years, I'd be worried.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

it does look like a tasty pie, i gotta say that

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Almost as funny as Nelson's line was the contempt the host of the debate had for the WaPo guy.

Awesome, awesome line. Rewound it four times and laughed just as hard every time.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Exactly. He sounded all fired up to have the guy from Slate.com and the woman from CNN and really bitter to have to hear what someone from the Washington Post would have to say.

Another great line was when the guy walked into Moe's Tavern and asked if he could connect to the internet and Moe sets him and then says, "I love you newsies because you lap up the sauce." I figured that fit my life and about half this board's lives.

Draft saved Draft deleted