1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gwyneth Paltrow is a free agent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sure she's not tilapia?

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I find Cate Blanchett exotic, and thus sexy.
    Has more to do with talent and panache than pure sex appeal.
    She has screen presence, which Gwyneth Paltrow would know nothing about.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agree on Blanchett. Crazy talented and it makes her hotter than she probably is.

Not sure where Reese Witherspoon and Anne Hathaway fall in this conversation. I think both are much better actresses and better looking than Paltrow, but both have issues that make less people like them.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My wife and I were hanging out at friends' house a couple years ago when Seven came on TV. The other guy makes a crack that it was hard to believe when the movie came out the thought of Gwyneth's head in a box was upsetting to people.

He got a punch in the arm from his wife, but we all laughed.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There was an interview with Affleck when "The Town" came out and they were talking about his exes and he made a reference to J-Lo as, "I dodged one with her." and when Paltrow's name came up he said, "And I really dodged one with her..."

He was probably joking, but the way I read it was, "J-Lo was a pain in the ass. Gwyneth was worse."

There was also a joke when Brad Pitt was married to Jennifer Aniston, I don't remember if it was Howard Stern or somebody saying, "The only reason Pitt tolerates her is because she probably seems like a delight after dating Gwyneth Paltrow."

6. Songbird

She also made Brad's favorite banana milkshake although if you read between the lines ...

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

No makeup.
    [​IMG]

Looks like a Danish young man.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Hathaway is the complete opposite. Most women I know can't stand her. But that body ...

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Kate Hudson > Gwyneth Paltrow > Anne Hathaway.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I bet she smells far fishier.

11. Songbird

All day.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Hathaway > Paltrow, but I'll allow for differences of opinion. (How big of me, hey? ;D )

I think the thing that makes Paltrow such a pill is she takes herself so fucking seriously. You would think she was saving the world every time she opens her mouth. There's just nothing attractive about people who keep telling you how important they are. For her level of acting talent, she'd have never made it to Hollywood if her mom and dad were Larry and Lydia Lunchbucket.

Draft saved Draft deleted