1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gwinnett Daily Post (GA) - Sports designer/copy editor opening

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Will Hammock, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Will Hammock

Will Hammock New Member

The Gwinnett Daily Post (in the suburbs of Atlanta, GA) is seeking a sports page designer/copy editor to join our staff.

The candidate should demonstrate strong speed and accuracy in Quark as the position requires complete layout of 4 to 7 sports pages each night.

The Daily Post is the second-largest daily newspaper in metro Atlanta with circulations of more than 62,000 daily and 102,000 on Sunday, numbers that are boosted greatly by our alliances with local cable TV companies. We are owned by Triple Crown Media. Our offices are in Lawrenceville, roughly between Atlanta and Athens. It's about a 20- to 25-minute drive to Atlanta outside of rush hour.

The sports department is regularly honored by the Georgia Sports Writers Association in its annual awards, including best sports section for 2004 and best sports section design in 2005. While a bulk of our sports coverage centers on high school sports, our proximity to the Atlanta pro teams, PGA golf tourneys, UGA and Tech means those also get plenty of attention.

Anyone interested should send resume and page design clips to Will Hammock, sports editor, Gwinnett Daily Post, 725 Old Norcross Road, Lawrenceville, GA, 30045, or e-mail them to will.hammock@gwinnettdailypost.com. No phone calls please.

Resumes will be accepted through July 10. Interviews will start shortly after.

2. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

Good place to work. Let me know if you need details.

3. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

4. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I believe the previous person employed at this position was fired for making too many errors. Knowing the person they hired, I don't find this hard to believe.

5. Msheffield

Msheffield New Member

I sent in a reply, so now I'm keeping...

My fingers crossed. 8)

6. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

Bump again.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

What happened to Todd Cline?

8. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

He's still there. He was promoted to editor of the paper last fall.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

:eek:

10. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

11. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

I don't think this position has been filled yet in case anyone still wants to apply.

Draft saved Draft deleted