1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guys we won't see in the 2011 NCAA Tourney -- AKA the dudes leaving school early

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Mar 22, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He just needs a kindly, experienced woman to show him the ways of the world, slappy.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Reading that and watching him play at UK, I would say Cal is doing a hell of a job with him.

3. 93Devil

Oher need another brother?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Five UK players in the top 24 according to this mock draft:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Re: Guys we won't see in the 2011 NCAA Tourney -- AKA the dudes leaving school e

The NBA draft is two rounds. That's 60 picks.

In last year's draft 10 overseas kids and 21 seniors were selected. That leaves 29 spots for underclassmen. Of those 29, 21 were sophomores or juniors.

It's absolutely ridiculous for most of these one-and-done kids to even consider jumping after their freshman year. The chances of most them being drafted are ridiculously long.

Kids like Wall are obvious exceptions but for most of these kids they're better off staying in school another year or two and improving their game and maturing than riding the pine in Des Moines, McAllen or Bismarck hoping an NBA team picks them up.

The NBA should go to an MLB-type draft set-up. Everybody is eligible to be drafted after their senior year of high school, second year of JUCO and third year of college.

You've got three shots to get picked. If you don't make it then pro ball probably isn't in your future.

If you want to leave college early you can play overseas. But good luck with that. If you're not disciplined enough to go to class & stay eligible you won't last long in Europe.

6. 93Devil

I'm sure some NBA team could really use his 2.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg and 0.1 apg.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That would suck and I feel your pain. I'm just messing with you - I thought Georgetown would at least make the Sweet 16

8. 93Devil

Their center is going to a be a very good NBA player. I love how smooth he is inside.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Aminu clearly has potential and game. But after the way he disappeared the last month-plus of the season, another year probably would have helped him.

But some NBA exec will take him in the Top 10 ... and a new exec will be with the team very soon. Tough to tell Aminu not to take the cash, but a stellar season would raise his stock.

10. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

Last four games of the season ... Aminu averaged 16.3 points and 10 rebounds a game, including 20 and 15 in the win over Texas. He was also pretty damn impressive against UK when he was actually on the floor - 16 points, 7 rebounds in 21 minutes.

Aminu's already a lottery pick ... and there's a lockout coming ... so he'd be pretty smart to go ahead and get his money.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I see NBADraft.net moved Hayward from the bottom of the first round in 2011 to this year. The pressure seems to building on him to come out.

12. You can officially add Georgia Tech's Gani Lawal to the draft list now.

http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040210aaa.html

Draft saved Draft deleted