1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guitar stuff

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was poking around at the Brossard Picks Web site and found the link to this guy:

I know there are other players around here and plenty of guitar fans, so I thought there might be some interest.

I have a Japanese 1998 '72 Custom Telecaster, a Kaman Applause from some time in the 1980s (I haven't dated it) and Fender FB-54 banjo.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Very cool.

Made me think of Jerry Douglas

EDIT: OK, now you've got me banging around in youtube. Love this. Last one, promise..

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I have a Kramer Ferrington acoustic-electric which is shaped like a Telecaster.....love it to death. Here's what it sort of looks like, although mine is white and the fretboard looks a bit different.

[​IMG]

I bought my son a sunburst Strat and have my eye on another Strat that's robins-egg blue in colour. Truth be told, though, I'd rather have a Telecaster.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    FileNotFound likes this.
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just bought new pots for my Tele. My friend and I are changing it around a little this weekend.
    We're taking off the original ash-tray and bridge and replacing it with a new Gotoh one. It has the six bent saddles instead of the three dumbell style.
    We're shielding the inside and replacing the pots. I found a schematic for Keith's '72 Custom from the '81 Still Life tour, so we're trying to redo that.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just watched that Kotke video. Pretty sick.
    He looks so young in the video.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Different and kind of long, but excellent:

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

About a month short of 10 years since my first lesson. Now own a Martin D-15 Acoustic/Electric, a dark blue Fender Strat and a black Epiphone Les Paul. Also own a Gibson acoustic which, best I can figure, is from 1937. Used to be my late grandpa's, and when I started playing I claimed it from a closet in my aunt's house where it was just collecting dust.

8. KG

KG Active Member

I really wish I could do this.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is the Gibson an L series archtop?
    My pants just got tight.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is not my Tele, but it is an accurate portrayal.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This is fantastic:

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The markings are too hard to read now, but I found this picture on the internet and it looks exactly like the one I have.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted