1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guilty Food Pleasure...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Feb 27, 2018.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Fried chicken for me....had some Popeyes for lunch. Soooo good while dining, sooooo bad afterwards.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

KFC drumsticks when I was still eating them. Sometimes I'd buy 10 at a time.

But the top guilty pleasure is instant mashed potatoes. I'm the world champion at instant mashed potatoes. Was, anyway. Haven't had any since July. Discipline sucks.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I love fake mashed potatoes. My wife insists on mashing actual potatoes. It's just not the same.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You have to add not just butter, but a little horseradish.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

OnCor chicken parmigiana family size dinner.

Haven't had it in years, but for some reason I thought of it the other day. Was going to look for it later this week. Not sure they even make it anymore.

Loved sitting down and just gorging. I'd take about 4 pieces of bread and just destroy the whole thing in one sitting.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Pastrami

justgladtobehere, qtlaw and ChrisLong like this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I rarely eat fast food. But dammit, once in awhile I have to seek out a great, greasy burger. A few times a year from this menu: BK bacon double cheeseburger, Big Mac, Dave’s double at Wendy’s or the good ol’ quarter-pounder with cheese.

Also good for cleaning out the pipes.

playthrough likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You're doing it backwards, get your 50+ prostate examination( you know with the scope) (and clean out the pipes in doing so) then splurge with a QP with cheese and fries and vanilla shake (that's how I did it.)

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I have to get a Popeye's fix every few weeks. Oddly, I like it cold just as much as hot.

10. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

That reminds me, Wendy's has their Double Stack burgers for $1 for a limited time. Best value in fast food, imo.

My homemade guilty pleasures ...

Shepherd's Pie: 1 pound crumbled ground beef, 1 can drained whoke kernel corn, 1 can condensed tomato soup, all mixed up and topped with a big layer of instant mashed potatoes

Goulash: 1 pound crumbled ground beef, 1 box cooked elbow macaroni, 2 cans undrained diced tomatoes.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Hamburger and corn was a staple during my youth. It originally was a Depression-era meal of my grandmother’s. Just ground beef, creamed corn, salt and pepper. Heaped on a pile of potatoes, it’s soooo good.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

A Big Mac and an extra large Arnold Palmer. It’s only a guilty pleasure until I remember it usually cures my hangover.

Draft saved Draft deleted