1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guillen: Mariotti a "(bleeping) fag"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jun 21, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No, because Ozzie KNOWS mothers. Mothers is some of his best friends. ;)

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

No, only if he called Mariotti a son-of-a-bitch.

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache...ars&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a

You and I know that loads of people are going to nominate some big old nasty pickup truck. But, as a card-carrying lesbian I would like to nominate the PT Cruiser. I know, it has no history, no lore associated with it, but it just has that kind of off beat popularity that matchs the current wave of lesbian chic. I'll go out on a limb and give it a Sapphic thumbs up.

Cindy

From http://www.gay.com/style/auto/package.html?coll=news_feature&sernum=639&page=2:
    A retro car is fun, especially when first introduced. But when the luster of novelty wears off, there better be something fresh underneath. Enter the California Cruiser. While the edgy two-door isn't an out-and-out replacement for the cheeky four-door PT Cruiser, the Chrysler guys all but announced that the California Cruiser is "the direction that the PT will take" when it gets its first major update.

I'm spending the weekend in Massachusetts with my sister and nephew. I drove up from NYC in a rented PT Cruiser, which my sister's friend, Mark, referred to as a 'lesbian car.' Since lesbians are world renowned for their sesnes of humor, they should eat that assessment up.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'd rather go to the Gay Games than an NBA or a WNBA game. If that makes me a bundle of sticks, I will deal with the consequences.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

One minor tweak.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Me, too. Mariotti is a fag.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Good work, Owlhead.
    Also found this on the same page:

My friend Ed, who by his own admission is a flaming queen, bought a little TR-5. He loved that car above all other possessions. He would forego rent to make a car payment. He looked absolutely perfect driving it–tall, thin, blonde, and pretty. His hair blew back perfectly when he drove it [and] he was the best [. . .advertisement for] why one should own a convertible. Being a Triumph, though, it was often out of commission and the repairs set him back financially and often. He named his baby "Maxine the Slut," and kept it until she finally blew beyond repair a few years later.

Margaret

As they say, this thread is useless............................

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Tony Soprano would have called him a fag, straight to Melfi's face.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

See, the way this started was Guillen overheard Mariotti say, "I'm getting a fucking haircut."

10. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Damn right I would've. :)

Seriously -- Get some thick skin. Sweet Jesus. I'm so tired of every ethnic group and religious denomination getting bent out of shape for some grade-school type behavior. OOHHH, NO, I GOT CALLED A NAME! BOO-HOO! :'(

I just had some redneck bastard say something to me the other night at an event I covered. Did he threaten my life, did he assault me? Hell no. I ignored him. For those who aren't aware (I know I'm stating the obvious) - major league clubhouses aren't bastions of political correctness, either, and that will never change.

I don't use language that would offend any ethnic group or religious denomination, and quite honestly, life's too short to get pissed about being called a NAME. What Ozzie said isn't even newsworthy.

11. flaming_mo

flaming_mo Guest

Tell that to John Rocker.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

What Guillen said isn't even closer to Rocker's putburst.

And whoever questioned whether Guillen is a Latino Billy Martin I ask:
    Is he a drunk, an anti-Semite, a racist and the most despicable person in sports you've ever dealt with?
    Does Ozzie refer to almost every Jewish writer as a "fucking Jew bastard?" Does he call any of his black players "that nigger mother-fucker?"
    Those were some of Billy's pet phrases, on his good days.

Draft saved Draft deleted