1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Guess Heaven Needed a X" rant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagles1 in London, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Next time I'll just say "Good career move."

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Hell needed a fat guy with pancreatic cancer' wouldn't fit in the headline.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Damn it, Buck. I'm laughing so hard the bed is shaking, and I think it's going to wake up my wife.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's an annoyance for folks to say it, but what else can they say most of the time? "I'm sorry for the poor bastard"?

Mystery Meat had filed an complaint last night about "R(est). I(n). P(eace)."

It's a good rant that is needed, but what would you offer as an alternative? Just asking. :-\

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Had to revive this to rant against this little number:

Robinson did die, however, doing what he loved to do.

This little cliche also needs to be expunged from our lexicon. For God's sake, people ...

7. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

i'll bet dollars to keebler elves fudge shoppe cookies that jones doesn't want that hydroponic gardener for fresh veggies.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

What happened? They got tired of looking at pictures on the internet in heaven and wanted a (red) X to break up the monotany? ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted