1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grimsley affidavit details made public

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Dec 20, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/wires/12/20/2010.ap.bbo.drugs.grimsley.1st.ld.writethru.0391/">
    Sammy's name is the biggest of the players not implicated in the Mitchell Report.</a>

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Re: Grimsley affidavit implicates Sosa

This stuck out to me in the AP story:

In October 2006, the Los Angeles Times reported the names of Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte, Miguel Tejada, Brian Roberts and Jay Gibbons were among those blacked out. Tejada's name was mentioned when Grimsley described a conversation he had with Orioles teammates Tejada, Palmeiro and Sammy Sosa about how they would play after baseball banned amphetamines.

Clemens, Pettitte, Roberts and Gibbons were not mentioned in the unsealed affidavit.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Re: Grimsley affidavit mentions Sosa

Sosa's name is mentioned in the Mitchell Report ... albeit only in reference to the fact that he declined to be interviewed. But technically, it cannot be claimed that "Sosa's name was not mentioned in the Mitchell Report."

The only players in Grimsley's affidavit whose names were not "mentioned" in the Mitchell Report are: Pete Incaviglia, Geronimo Berroa and Allen Watson.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't believe Sosa's guilty for a second. Nope. Never.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I, for one, am stunned.

(CUBBIE BLUE FONT!)

Also, "Sosa" spelled backward is "Asos."

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Grimsley described a conversation he had with Orioles teammates Tejada, Palmeiro and Sammy Sosa about how they would play after baseball banned amphetamines.

That is the mention of Sosa.
    Not exactly daning...not that anyone doubts for a second that Sammy did 'roids, but this is nothing.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Good points.

8. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

That explains why I got an e-mail today from what looks like Arm Tellem's office, saying Allen Watson categorically denies he took steroids.

I swear, I have NO clue who Allen Watson is. But I thank them for letting me know he's clean, whoever he is.

Draft saved Draft deleted