1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I do believe she's been down for a good half-hour, based on her rescue, the transport to the hospital and the time working on her there, but there was no way to follow the timeline to declare that she'd been in the water for a half hour.

2. I know that she's been in the water long enough that angry swarms of relatives have already gathered in the hospital demanding to know the status of their loved ones -- and that happened before she was even transported to the hospital.

She's been down for more than an hour. She's a vegetable, if she's alive at all.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Can we get a ruling from DocTalk on this one?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

There is nothing to indicate that she wasn't still out there working on victims at the same time those relatives were appearing in the ER. Still no proof.

5. Also possible that she was bobbing up and down in the water like an ice cube for a little while until she finally sunk ... people on here should know better than to take storytelling literally, especially on tv ... moving around time elements create drama ... if it had been done in real time and it was only really 2 minutes we wouldn't have any buzz to talk about ...

Reality TV is especially guilty of manipulating time because otherwise there'd be no suspense.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Holy mother of God this show sucks. It has completely turned to shit.

7. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Completely agree. It's to the point where I'm barely watching this episode.

Blech

8. Moderator1

It just completely went over the wall.

9. No that was Meredith ... :D

Actually, I'm not as bothered by it being over the top as I am with it losing it's originality ... how many times has this been done on television ... just because they took 3 episodes to bring her back to life doesn't make it special.

10. Moderator1

Well, I did like the show better when she was dead. Wish she'd stay there and take Izzy with her.

11. She's Alive!!!!

12. My guess is these episodes are meant to serve two purposes: 1. sweeps and 2. give the actors some Emmy material.

We just got lost in the process.

Draft saved Draft deleted