1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy: Emblematic of the fall of civiliation? Discuss

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, May 3, 2007.

1. Re: Gray's Anatomy: Addison's spin-off pilot tonight

I disagree. I spent most of that two hours wondering who these people were and finding myself not caring about their problems.
    It feels entirely different than a show I've watched for years, when I know everyone and am concerned about what's going on in their lives.

2. WSKY

WSKY Member

Re: Gray's Anatomy: Addison's spin-off pilot tonight

I'll try more better, Peter.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Season finale was tonight. Doesn't deserve its own thread.

Can't anyone on this fucking show be happy? It's just not enjoyable. Totally contrived ending tonight.

I think I'm done.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree... Fucking awful...

So, at the beginning of Season 4 everybody is miserable.

The George-Izzie hook-up ruined what was already a show in a downward spiral... I doubt I'll be watching this fall...

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Grey's is highly-rated? Yeah, so was Melrose Place.

I can think of few shows that hit the skids as quickly and spectacularly as this one. Currently the most overrated show on TV, by Secretariat-at-the-Belmont lengths.

It's clear to me that Rhimes ran out of ideas about midway through the second season. And with her having to focus on a second show next fall, things might get worse before they get better (if they ever do).

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Complete, total, utter disaster. It had so much promise. Joe's point is excellent. Ran out of ideas and kept going anyway.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Thought it was just me. Glad to see we all think it sucked.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Don't anybody pat themselves on the backs and think it's unanimous. I still think it's a hell of a show, and most people I talk to agree.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I haven't watched tonight's, and I'm pretty sure I'm the lowest common denominator, but any time I sit down on my couch, it takes a lot to make me not enjoy something. I just shut my brain off and watch.

I like Grey's, I liked Addison's spinoff, I LOVE Taye Diggs, and I don't care if you all look down on me for it. Because I'll still be enjoying my Thursdays while you all bitch and moan.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

It's become predictable.
    I sat at lunch yesterday with my coleagues and said there was no way Burke and Yang get married.
    Watch the show last night with The Future; afterwards we both said ... 1) Cali will get pregnant, then she and George will divorce. 2) Those twin babies (Is the mom Smash's girl from Friday Night Lights?) made for the gay men, one of the babies will go to Joe and his partner, the other will go to the Cheif and his wife. 3) We were really stepping out on a limb with this one, but ... Mereidth and Sheppard will be a constant roller coaster next season, even more so because of the new intern Grey.

That said: I thought the finale was among the best of the shows this season. Not that that's saying much.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Even more obvious than the fact that Burke and Yang weren't getting married or that Derek and Meredith were about to break up was the fact that the girl in the bar was totally going to be Meredith's younger sister, Lexi. Saw that one coming a mile away. Also, how many weepy speeches did we need last night? Burke saying his vows in the OR, that was good. But Derek's little speech to Meredith (lame), Izzie's little speech to George (weak), Callie's speech to George (stupid), Eva/Rebecca's speech to Alex (freaking absurd), Burke's speech to Christina (contrived), Addison's little speech to Alex (barf).

This show has gotten away with being emotionally manipulative in the past because it was well written, and everyone hadn't fucked everyone else in the hospital. Now it has zero plot, and it thinks it can still be emotionally manipulative by just making weepy speeches over a pop soundtrack.

Here is hoping Derek bones Lexi, and Meredith cries and cries until she joins Addison's spin-off, or drowns herself in the tub.

12. Re: Gray's Anatomy: Addison's spin-off pilot tonight

Maybe I'm dumb, actually don't answer that. There were a lot of things I just didn'tt get from the finale. Yes, I too, knew that Yang and Burke weren't gonna marry, but does Burke leave the show? And how does Meredith want mcdreamy, then not want him, then want him, then want to kill herself, then not want him, then want him, then when he confronts her, she doesn't want him again. Yet another reason I want her to die in some really painful hot-air baloon vs. 747 accident. And is Callie not the new Chief? Is there a difference between chief resident and hospital chief now that he is staying on . . . ahem, as I predicted? So does George stay on the show next season, or does he leave Callie and airhead behind? It looks like he tanked the test for that reason, but they really didn't allude to that. So Is alex just going to be miserable all next season because he left Ava go, or is his character going to change, yet again. Abotu the only interesting thing they did was introduce McDreamy's flirt as another Gray. I know season finales are supposed to leave a few cliffhangers, but these weren't cliffhangers, just unanswered directions. For all we know, they could replace the entire cast with newbies.

Draft saved Draft deleted