1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey Cup Glory: The 2021 CFL running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by maumann, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Wasn’t the attendance terrible when the Bills played in Toronto a few times?

Liut likes this.
  2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

It was, but it was a business school case study in how to blow a good opportunity.

Prices were insane, games were unappealing (and I think included an exhibition game), and Ted Rogers basically gloated about how much he was charging. People felt like they were being ripped off. It went very sour in a hurry.

Liut, Old Crank and Huggy like this.
  3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Spot on, this. I went to two games courtesy of a buddy of mine who was a sales bigshot at Rogers. He said the tickets were so overpriced they had to give them away anywhere they could to paper the house and there was little interest in a shitty Bills team playing a team like the Redskins (one of the games I saw) and the Bills Mafia was not driving up to watch games in a sterile dome where there was little parking and certainly no tailgating.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Comfy 17F in Winnipeg this afternoon as the Bombers and Riders square off. It's been quite a see-saw battle so far. Winner gets the Ti-Cats.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Argos totally shit the bed in the second half

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't know who won, but it sure looked damn cold in Winnipeg today.

7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I was inspired by the ball boy in shorts

maumann likes this.
  8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

https://nypost.com/2021/12/06/cfl-players-in-wild-brawl-with-fan-after-hopping-into-stands/

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Looks pretty damn cold in Hamilton
    Have no idea who these musicians are

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Well, there's a CFL rule that I didn't know but I like. Winnipeg fumble goes out of bounds but because it bounces off a Hamilton player, it's Ti-Cats ball.

EDIT: But on the next play, the Hamilton pass is tipped and intercepted.

CFL, baby!

misterbc likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I can't wait to hear the Arkells ... as soon as I hit YouTube to figure out who the hell they are.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Go Ti-Cats!

Draft saved Draft deleted