1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gregg Doyel sucks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hawkeyes4Ever, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Some days, I wish I was stuck writing for the Internet.

2. who do you like?

3. da el g

da el g Member

to answer the question imho the worst columnist is Mike Celzic of MSNBC Sports

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

On behalf of those of us "stuck" writing on "online sites," let me say, as respectfully as I can: please go fuck yourself with a live, high-tension wire.

5. Floyd

Floyd Member

So let me ask you this: Is it better to be stuck writing for an on-line site or an online site? I can never remember.

6. Grey

Grey Member

And he did one helluva job at The Tampa Tribune before that. He's really an outstanding feature writer.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Pat Forde and Ivan Maisel used to be good before they got stuck writing for some chintzy website, too.

I feel sorry for those outcasts on the internets.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm feeling charitable today, so I would be willing to relieve Gregg of his post and take over his position and surely paltry salary. I'll extend the offer to Pat Forde and Andy Katz as well, just because I'm that nice of a guy. Better get in touch with me quick guys. First come, first served.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I won't get into Internet writers specifically because I'm personally involved with them.

But anybody who thinks a national columnist or main beat guy at one of the big national websites is "stuck" is himself stuck -- in about 1998.

I guarantee you, I love being "stuck" at one of them.

10. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Do I like Doyel's mailbag columns? No. I think he can be a complete ass, and I'd rather have a guy write a mailbag column that offers up information, not insults.

But when Doyel was in N.C., I read his stuff on a regular basis. And he was good. I think his skills are better suited for writing features or covering a beat.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you don't like Doyel, that's your opinion, but if you don't think there are worse columnists out there on the major national websites, you're not reading much...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Also, anybody who rips Bianchi has zero credibility in my book... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.