1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greg Stillson... er... John McCain: Done

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jul 10, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

To be fair, Mertwindu never actually joins a discussion, he just cheerleads his heros on these threads because he's looking for acceptance and because he has nothing useful to say.

This is exhibit V of that, sparky.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Can you please only stalk me on one thread? It gets tiring trying to keep up with your "contributions" to the board.

Also, it's heroes, "dipshit".

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Doc, I'd be worried about paying up if McCain was actually running against anybody.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Only prayer McCain has now is coming out against the war and telling the Falwell kids and Pat Robertson to go take a hike. He won't do it, even though the GOP Senators jumping off the Iraq bandwagon are giving him a nice clean opportunity to change his message.

5. Give it up, Jonesy.
    The war. The wrong side of immigration. The hatred of everyone who makes a living in Republican politics. I'll bet you Tancredo or Huckabee beats him in Iowa.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The fact that he is older than Methuselah?

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

But that would make him a hypocrite...which works in Democratic Party politics but doesn't in the GOP when you desire to win.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Fen, You're wrong on Romney.
    I have to admit I am dissapointed that the man I voted for twice - once against Ted Kennedy and again for Governor - has decided to take his game from a strong moderate voice to leaning a little too far right. But I think the guy is a good business man and a solid leader.
    I would vote for him again in a heartbeat if he would get off his gay marriage is wrong kick. That's what's pushing me toward Rudy right now.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yep, with an international crisis and the erosion of the middle class, that's a hot issue that should stand above everything else. Except that when you hear moderates, gay is in and over with. That's why Gay Pride march numbers are down. There's no need to flaunt it.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Well you see Yawn. I have Rudy and Romney basically on the same level for most things. So the little issues do matter between the two of them. Unfortunately for me I am also against abortion. So maybe I should stick with Romney because at least now he's opened his eyes to the fact that these babies don't even have a chance to live. At least the gay members of society had a chance to live and realize they are gay.

Wow, what a dilemma I find myself in.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

For the millionth time, or so it seems,

I am a conservative. Many GOPs have abandoned that approach.

Still, the alternative on the Democratic side is much more threatening to my country.

Guess I love America.

And Zags, your comment goes for the entire FenPhen contingent. Everyone knows zeke is so far up his ass his shoulders would appear to be hemorrhoids on an X-ray.

Me? Like Bush, I'm not here to win anyone's approval. Just to speak what's right.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No offense, but that's just bonkers. Rudy's a fucking madman...just this side of J Edgar Hoover. Nuts. He could skullfuck someone any day of the week. He's like, an out-and-out villain.

Just stick with Mitt if you like him. Gay marriage is his game to get through the primaries. Sanity is Rudy's game. He talks, I don't know, an interesting game. But he is the one guy who would personally screw with your life just to screw with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted