1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greg Oden's Missing Street Cred

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mmac, May 21, 2007.

1. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Dwight Howard must have a seat at this table. He must.

And I don't think Nike HAS to worry about what kids on the street want or think. Nike is so big that the kids on the street are going to want it no matter what it is or what it looks like. Nike decides what the kids on the street want, not the kids on the street.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I think Jason Williams has more street cred than Greg Oden. Now if we are talking about Jayson Williams.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Come on now. Oden has had the better part of 52 years to form his image.

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

LOL!!!

Anyone get a good laugh out of his interview last night when he said he wanted to be a dentist following it up with a huge gap tooth smile?

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I think we better check Oden's phone records for contacts with Danny Almonte.

6. IU90

IU90 Member

That was funny--4 months ago. The endless repetitive Oden is an old guy jokes are so played out.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. They haven't been funny since Oden turned 21.

8. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

The best Oden is old situation came in the Big Ten tournament this season. Prior to a game, Purdue's band was heckling him and one guy yelled "Hey Oden! You look like a caveman!"

This was followed up with a chant in mid-game that went "Oden make wheel! Oden make wheel!"

Priceless. I had to fit it in my column.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dude, as long as that guy looks older than my dad, the jokes will never stop being funny.

10. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Oden said his favorite insult from a fan came from a Michigan St. fan. During pregame, a student yelled at him to ask, "Hey Greg, how was World War II?"

I thought that was pretty good.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The funny part of that story is the idea that any Michigan State students ever heard of "World War II."

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

See, I think making jokes that a guy seems too old to be in college is fine. After all there are countless examples of guys cheating to play down.

But saying he looks like a cavemen is not something I would celebrate and put in print.

Draft saved Draft deleted