1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greg Goossen RIP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Goossengirly

Goossengirly Guest

And to cyclingwriter, Im assuming that I should thank you ( or maybe you should be thankful) that you dont have a picture posted... I could only imagine what a looker you must be....

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kevin Maas would be proud.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You don't talk to Wayne Gretzky that way!

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Sounds as if someone with a family connection went Googling and discovered this thread.

Ms. Goosengirly,

As you are probably unfamiliar with this website, I can assure you that it is almost always a sign of respect to get an "RIP" thread started with your name on it, and that many of these threads always include a measure of cryptic or gallows humor.

Greg Goosen was a very familiar name to many of the Baby Boomer posters here and earned a measure of fame for his connections to the Mets and to "Ball Four." Hence the thread.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The true sign of respect is the 3 day waiting period before the quips start flowing.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well that was odd.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

John Olerud would be unhappy to be considered unathletic. Anyhoo, I would say that if you knew board context, you'd know "woodwork," coming from me, is a term of affection. But I suspect "goossengirly" fully knows board context and is a sock puppet meant to take a shot at me

9. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I always liked the Pagliaroni line, "OK guys, act horny."
    I liked Brosnan's book and he pretty much invented the genre, but Ball Four was a lot more entertaining.

10. dooley_womack1

Or when Houk made the Yanks laugh by pointing out that while mantle was batting cleanup for them, Pagliaroni was batting cleanup for the Red Sox

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Dooley, you read The Bullpen Gospels yet? I was pleasantly surprised.

12. dooley_womack1

Have not. Thanks for the heads-up

Draft saved Draft deleted