1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greenhouse effect? No big deal -- ask Norm

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Oct 21, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Coleman is knee-deep in global-warming fray

WASHINGTON - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger vowed that California would take the lead in the fight against global-warming when he signed a bill last month aimed at reducing greenhouse-gas emissions.

But Sen. Norm Coleman is suggesting that Congress strip California and all other states, along with the federal Environmental Protection Agency, of much of their authority to control carbon dioxide emissions.

Under a draft proposal that has been circulated by the Minnesota Republican, carbon dioxide would not be considered a pollutant under the Clean Air Act.

Coleman found himself in the middle of the fray over global warming when a little-known Washington newsletter, Inside EPA, posted a copy of Coleman's draft on its website.

"My intention in this draft proposal is to find the quickest path to carbon-dioxide reduction -- that means finding a proposal that doesn't cripple the economy, that is nationally based and that will not be trapped in the courts," Coleman said in a statement Friday. His office said the senator was unavailable for an interview.

http://www.startribune.com/587/story/757066.html

2. The quickest path to carbon-monoxide reduction is to invest in nuclear power. Yet the greens who love Koyoto and that crap balk at nuclear power even though it is safe, clean and cheap.

3. Kick his ass, Arnold.

4. joe

joe Active Member

I'll support any kind of clean energy as long as it isn't the burning of dog shit. Man, I can't stand the smell of dog shit.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I thought this thread was about Linda Greenhouse and Tony Kennedy......carry on

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What do you expect from the Senator who's related to the ex-NYC/Miami radio moron, Sidiot
    Rosenberg?

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I thought Cliff Clavin was finally admitting that he may need to ask someone else for an answer instead.

9. This may be the obscuro-reference of the decade.
    Well played, your Holiness.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ol' Norm better get on the stick as far as getting his bill through Congress. Come January, it's gonna be a lot tougher.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's not to Minnesota's credit that they actually elected the spastic.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm sure there were gasses in his youth he'd rather not be brought up.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted