1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest sports teams - last 50 years

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

If we're talking college sports - and I don't know if we are - then I will throw out the 2001 Miami Hurricanes.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

For one season, the 1982-83 Sixers were phenomenal. The 1966-67 76ers have been called one of the greatest teams ever assembled.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'll raise you Tommie Frazier's Cornhuskers.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

[​IMG] minus the dookie

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That Oilers team was phenomenal, the one year they lost to the Calgary Flames, the defenseman put it past Fuhr to give the Flames the winning goal otherwise they would have won what 6 in a row?

6. joe

joe Active Member

From 1962 on, Manky's Yankees have eight World Series titles. The St. Louis Cardinals have five in the same time span.

7. sprtswrtr10

sprtswrtr10 Member

I college counts, better starting putting a lot of UCLA basketball teams in there

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

To add a random group...

Syracuse Lax with a Gait brothers in the late 1980s. They lost one match in three years and won three championships.

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

The early 70s A's won five straight division titles, and three World Series. However, their regular seasons weren't great..especially in the three World Series years: 93, 94 and 90 wins. They actually won 101 in 1971 and 98 in 1975 and then got swept in the playoffs both times.

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Not according to Kobe Bryant.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That was Steve Smith in 1986. Also happened on his birthday

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

1994 49ers

Draft saved Draft deleted