1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest scenes in TV history

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tripp McNeely, Feb 24, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

McGinley was so good throughout the entire episode.

2. I posted that one earlier, thank you.
    How about when Leo is running to tell Bartlett about his daughter's kidnapping?

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry i missed it. good job.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Can we have it back, please?

I had forgotten about the tie cutting.

5. billikens

billikens Member

Bravo ran a WW marathon a few weeks ago, and I happened to stumble upon it just as this episode was coming up. I DVRed it as "save until manually delete" because I just love watching the debate. My fiance keeps telling me I own the show on DVD, but I just can't delete it. Fantastic stuff.

"Alaskans with their Eskimo poetry"

6. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

A couple of other West Wing gems for me: Posse Comitatus ("How many different ways are you going to think of to call me dumb?") .... ("In the future, if you're wondering, crime, boy, I don't know, is when I decided to kick your ass.")

And the scene at the end of Noel, where Josh is being led to the doctor by Donna only to find musicians with bells playing outside the White House gate.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Thank you for throwing in an "Odd Couple." What a great show it was and how under-rated it is now.

As soon as I read the words "Odd Couple" and "Password," my mind said "Aristophanes ......."

I think my favorite scene from the OC -- and my brother and I still repeat this line when we get together -- is the one where Oscar gets Felix on a plane for an assignment despite Felix's fear of flying. Felix looks out the window at two guys on the tarmac and starts trying to read their lips. "Me sense much trouble in fuselage..." Then he looks around in the plane and sees a heavy woman. "Oscar! Look at the size of that woman! If she gets stuck in the emergency exit, we'll all be dead!"

Great stuff.

And one more: the episode where they end up on Let's Make a Deal, but because Oscar knows Monte Hall they go by the names of "Ozzie Malone" and "Frederic Ungman." I can still hear Oscar going "Taaaaaake the envelope!"

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

not for nothin', but i think we're talking about different scenes. yours is from episode 1 of "ww." mine takes place during a radio talk-show hosts session at the white house, which concludes with bartlet telling toby, "that's how i beat him," in reference to his first congressional foe.

9. Well, YouTube doesn't seem to be working right now, but I meant to post the one you're talking about. If I instead posted Bartlett correctly quoting the 10 Commandments, then I reek of fail.

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The ending of St. Elsewhere, implying that the entire series took place in the imagination of Dr. Westfall's autistic son, Tommy, has to make this list.

"I try to talk to my son, but all does is play with that toy. What does he think about?"

Camera focuses in on the snow globe, which has a model of St. Eligus hospital inside. Fade to black. Classic.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this!

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

"Whhhhaaatttt ..... duuuzzzzzz .... uuuuhhhh .... yelllooooooo .... liiiigghhhttt ... meeeean?"

The farewell scene between Archie and Meathead when Mike and Gloria are leaving always chokes me up.

And this might not be popular, but Hawkeye seeing B.J.'s farwell "G-O-O-D-B-Y-E" as the helicopter starts to fly away is a good one.

WKRP's turkey giveaway.

Draft saved Draft deleted