1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest scenes in TV history

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tripp McNeely, Feb 24, 2008.

1. mcgovern72

mcgovern72 Member

From Homicide: The scenes from the Adena Watson episode where Pembleton and Bayliss interrogate the Arabber.

From Homicide, Part II: Luther Mahoney goes down.

2. jps

jps Active Member

freely admit I haven't been through the entire thread yet ... but I'll throw in the Kirk/Uhura kissing scene from the original star trek ... while I don't know that it is great television in the purest sense -- like the quickly mentioned scene from M*A*S*H* -- I'm pretty sure it was the firt interracial kiss shown on television, so is obviously a fairly progressive moment in TV history.

3. highlander

highlander Member

From "Band of Brothers." The war is over and Easy Company is riding in trucks past columns of german prisoners. And David Webster has something to get off his chest as his truck passes a group of German officers.

David Webster: [at a passing column of German prisoners] "Hey, you! That's right, you stupid Kraut bastards! That's right! Say hello to Ford, and General fuckin' Motors! You stupid fascist pigs! Look at you! You have horses! What were you thinking? Dragging our asses half way around the world, interrupting our lives... For what, you ignorant, servile scum! What the fuck are we doing here?"

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

While that's a good moment, I don't think it really equals the impact when Easy Company first comes upon the concentration camps. You knew it was coming. It had to happen. But I still get choked up about it.

I had the pleasure of watching this episode with a group of high schoolers I was substituting for a few years back. (The regular teacher was the head football coach, so he bent the rules a little to show this to his class). The impact that episode had on them was quite amazing.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

6. "It's a long way to Tipperary. It's a long way to go."

7. highlander

highlander Member

It was a scene I liked. Didn't say you had too.

I know probably no one has seen TNT's "The Rough Riders" but there is a powerful scene after the battle of San Juan Hill where Teddy Roosevelt is sitting down in front of Cuban blockhouse crying and the camera pans up and out to see the American flag and the words "EMPIRE" painted in huge letters on a wall. It was what was left of an Empire Sugar Company sign. The scene kind of summed up what what had just happened.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The concentration camp episode of Band of Brothers made me cry like a 5-year-old girl. When they have to take the food back from the prisoners ... nobody with a soul could watch that and not be affected.

Draft saved Draft deleted