1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest quote ever

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 6, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No way has this sentence ever been uttered in the history of mankind until Joe "The Animal" Laurinaitis -- father of OSU linebacker James Laurinaitis -- said it to The PD's Doug Lesmerises:

http://www.cleveland.com/osufootball/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1199611918171810.xml&coll=2

For those of you who don't know, the elder Laurinaitis used to be part of the greatest tag team of all time, The Road Warriors:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Umm.... really?

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

ummm... no

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This thread is incredibly full of fail.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

It makes as much sense as this thread.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Back when wrestling was cool, back in the early '90s, those guys were the Legion of Doom over in the WWF.

And I've said that same quote at least twice in the last week. At least.

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Here's something that has never been said before in the history of civilization: After I chop my cock and balls off, I'm going to shove this red hot poker up my ass.

-George Carlin-

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That was my first thought, too, Kaylee.

Then there are some things you never hear. That makes sense, some things you never hear. You never hear this, "dad, you really ought to drink more." Here's something you don't hear too often. "Do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone." Here is something no one has ever heard ever. Ever. "As soon as I put this hot poker in my ass, I'm going to chop my dick off." You know why you never that? Right! No one ever said that. Which to me is the more amazing thing, no one ever thought to say that before tonight. I'm the first person in the world put those words together in that particular order. First guy. Number one. Here's something you don't hear too often. "Honey, let's sell the children, move to Zanzibar and begin taking opium rectally." "Mom, mom I got a big date tonight. Can I borrow a French tickler from you?"

http://www.iceboxman.com/carlin/pael.php

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Surely, over the course of the 144-page thread below, someone can find a better quote than that from a wrestler or ex-wrestler ...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/33309/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Damn, Carlin can still make me laugh after all these years.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Still say John Drummond's "butt-naked last" riff on Carl Lewis in Atlanta was maybe the funniest thing I've ever heard, just for sheer shock value and the cadence of it.

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Here's something you'll never hear anyone say: 'When he rode up on his unicycle, I knew I had to have his cock in my mouth.'

- Dave Attell

Draft saved Draft deleted