1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest Left Handed Pitcher In History

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Oct 14, 2010.

1. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Yeah, Randy Johnson only has a lot more strikeouts in a lot fewer innings and almost the exact ERA as Carlton despite playing in a much tougher offensive era, but he can't sniff Carlton's jock. Because your eyes from a game you saw 35 years ago tell you so, which is funny because I'm betting the both of you can barely remember what you had for lunch last Wednesday.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have to keep this one around...

3. secretariat

Quote the post. Write it down. Take a picture. I don't give a fuck.

I don't delete my posts.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

You like there to be a permanent record of what a condescending jackass you are.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chicken salad on dark rye with tomato and onion, now that you mention it. Look, I saw three guys pitch, and that's how I rank them. Why bring insults into it? Usually that's the mark of somebody who's not real sure of his case.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We also have the MLB Network that will show old games to gain opinions.

Carlton was dominating in the 1970s and 1980s.

7. secretariat

Re: Greatest Left Handed Pitcher In History

It wasn't an insult. It was intended to be literal. If you took it as an insult, I apologize. What your "eyes" told you three decades ago, in a world where eyewitness testimony of events much more recent than 30 years is considered highly unreliable, doesn't do anything for me.

And it appears I've hit a new low. I've got an octogenarian calling me a jackass. Perhaps I should reevaluate my life.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I have no doubt you'll sink even lower before long.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When people tell me watching something happen isn't worth as much as reading numbers about it after the fact, I check out. Why are they called "spectator sports?" It is amazing and depressing how the arrogance of old-time baseball writers has been matched and surpassed by that of many of their numbers-based critics.

10. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

Steve Avery.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

NERDS!
    NERDS!
    NERDS!

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

As usual, Sonner contributes nothing of substance of the discussion [/OOP/crossthread]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted