1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest Entrance by a Pitcher Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Mar 25, 2011.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Eric Gagne and "Welcome to the Jungle" always got Dodger Stadium rocking, but I can't hear "Hell's Bells" on the radio and not look for Hoffman, even if I'm in the car.

2. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

The flag cape, pyro and fog with the dancing set the tone, but the 360 flipping the bird with crotch chop is the coup de gras

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

4. Dinosaur Jr's "Forget the Swan" Live would be a great song for a closer to come out to. Just saying.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sixteen posts, and no Rick Vaughn mention?

As for real baseball ... Robb Nen and "Smoke on the Water" at AT&T.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This. In fact, he pretty much started it all.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not exactly. Ballplayers -- relief pitchers, too -- have had specific "entrance songs" since at least the days of Gladys Gooding in Brooklyn.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sparky Lyle came out to Pomp and Circumstances.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yep.

http://www.slate.com/id/2139937/?nav=ais

(Full disclosure: The writer solicited research from me and many other SABR members, then failed to credit any of us.)

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Obviously I'm talking about recorded tracks, not ballpark organ music (which has gone the way of the passenger pigeon for better or worse.)

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I went to a Padres game once when Trevor Hoffman came out to Hells Bells. I've never felt an experience like that before. It was awesome.

Of course, they also played that at Brewers game for him and it wasn't quite the same.

12. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted