1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest comeback ever?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Yeah, I realized Buffalo overcame a greater deficit, but considering the circumstances and history of both teams -- this has to be (if it holds) the greatest comeback in NFL history.

Of course, Brady has a minute left, but he needs more than a figgie this time.

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Sigh. Does everything that happens in the last 15 minutes have to immediately be sumitted for "greatest ever" consideration?

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Nope, Bills. Great game, but.....

End. Of. Thread.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

5. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Not the greatest comeback, but Peyton's greatest by far. Wow, not just one black coach in the Super Bowl for the first time, but two!

And I think Chicago has a great shot at beating Indy.

6. Freelance Hack

Usually, I'd agree with you. It is cliche. But what Manning, Dungy and the Colts did was not cliche.

This conversation has merit.

7. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Jim Nantz: "For all of you who ever said Peyton Manning would never win the big one, would never get to the Super Bowl, YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!"

What a tool.

8. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Bills over the Oilers is the greatest.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My god a team down by just 18 in the first quarter? Hell, how much were they down to pitt last year? And the pats were down 11 just last week. 18 ain't much more.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Jim Nantz is a dork.

11. Freelance Hack

OK -- not sure you guys are completely following me. Don't just look at the score. Look at the history for some perspective.

A comeback like this is not supposed to be in the makeup of the Colts. And when have the Pats ever squandered a lead like this?

And TSP -- "just 18 points"? I realize you're living in Cleveland, where an 18-point deficit is still within the point spread, but coming back from down three scores is a Herculean effort.

12. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

OH SNAP!

Draft saved Draft deleted