1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great recap of the 70s Stillers by Post Gazette

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sports scrub, Oct 7, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Whoa, hey, hold on. I was saying that if anyone is going to say anything bad about Steelers fans, do not say anything bad about Oz, who is never guilty of the behavior apparently exhibited by other Steelers fans nationwide.

That said, there's a few real morans among Steelers fans here though that give the rest of you a bad name. If they could just get their own stupid little thread so that the rest of us didn't have to read their diarrhea, we'd all be happier.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Don't worry, BYH, I gotcha. Of course, my passionate and loyal Steelers fanboyism isn't like others.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hmm... I wonder if a thread about a story on the Steelers of the '70s is ok for me to post on. Perhaps I should ask. Is there a permission slip I should fill out?

4. outofplace

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/search/s_531498.html

Since we were talking about Chuck Noll on here, the Tribune-Review ran a picture. This should take you to the page. Click on the mug-like shot to see. He definitely doesn't look as healthy as he had just a few years ago.

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I'm not fat.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

So you're ugly then? ;)

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

That's for others to judge.
    My wife says "no."
    Also a Steelers fan, she is not fat, and she is a hottie.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've met some hot Steelers fans before. It happens :D

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And while it's wholly irrelevant in the modern scheme of things, Tom Callahan's "Johnny U"
    notes that until the Steelers beat the Bears in '58, they'd lost fourteen straight to the Halases. There was more than a little bit of a gap, there.

10. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

In the interest of full disclosure, I have been a Cleveland Browns fan since 1990.

That said, I have gone to high school and college with plenty of Steelers fans, lived with several and dated one. She was smart. And pretty good looking, too.

And, while I was in Athens, Ohio, working away on that undergraduate degree, some my favorite Sundays were spent inside the dingy confines of Lucky's. Yup, a Steelers bar. (Though I spent my share across the street, too, at the Cat's Eye, which is an official Browns' Backers bar.)

I still have plenty of Steelers fan friends. Only one or two are truly obnoxious. The rest, well, I wish they rooted for a different football team, but you can't fault someone for where they were born.

Look forward to Nov. 11 at Heinz.

11. outofplace

Very reasonable, for a Browns fan. I'm looking forward to that one, too. Should be a better game the second time around.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Stanley P. Kutchowski - Where Are the Browns

I am desperately trying to find this song online right now.

It does nothing to slight the Browns, but places the rivalry in perfect perspective.

Draft saved Draft deleted