1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great letter to ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txscoop, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You apparently don't work for my "progressive" chain then.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

He's not one of us. (ESPN)

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Whiny amateur who will be stuck in a small market all his life.
    I've seen that show, he throws out more one-liners and smarmy, snarky bs in 10 minutes than in any hour of SC.
    Oh, and you make fun of ESPN's gimmicks:
    Who is J-ho?
    Fraud.

4. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

Hi there,

This is the soon-to-be sweater selling, whiny amateur fraud who wrote a little something about ESPN.

First, it was a goof. Our blog is about 2 months old and gets very little traffic. Basically the only people that look at it work here. This isn't an excuse, I realize these intwerwebs are all connected. But I never thought it would get this much notice. This attention should just about blow it up.

I wrote it after a lousy show filled with technical problems and mixups(although it seems markvid seemed to like it). My frustration wasn't helping ESPN. I've sent them, or CNN or CBS video in the past.

My frustration was how they asked for the help.
    We're a department of 2 that fills 40 minutes of local sports on Saturdays. I tried to explain that to the producer, but that didn't stop her repeated calls, or request for a re-feed while I was on-air (it was a fiber feed, so there were no audio or satellite issues, she just wanted me to get her better looking video)

anyway, looking forward to more career critiques from bitter mid-market interns. (i kid) And at least I found this board as a result. Good times.

(oh, and j-ho is Justin Horowitz, the other member of our department. He's referred to himself as J-ho on the blog. It's a joke. Sorry for the confusion.)

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Welcome. And I'll take a Guinness, noob. ;)

6. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

i've got harp in the fridge

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

More bitterness, less kindness...or you'll never make it on this board. :D

edit: Screw it! A newb with Harp in the fridge? Welcome, my son.

8. dooley_womack1

I don't need you to play me music, I need you to get me a beer.

9. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

lame dooley......you're better than that, aren't you.

And what grammatical errors?

10. dooley_womack1

Um, no, not even close to better than that.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Oh, the spin starts...did you shit your pants when you realized that someone in Bristol actually might have read that?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Brendo, how does Johnson City look this year? Are they going to beat those fuckers from Vestal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.