1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Eclipse of 2017

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jul 22, 2017.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Remember, everyone, if you stare at it head-on, it'll burn your eyes out.

[​IMG]

Even if you're so curious about it that your friends call you whiskers because you're curious like a cat.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It's a simple question, Norm. If you were a hot dog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    And pick up a wig or two.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I won't lie. When I read that the last full eclipse to occur entirely within the US was in 1776, it made me wonder.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"You only cover us when when the moon passes between the sun and Earth and the moon occults the sun directly over us."

Batman likes this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That small ring of orange you'll see around the moon is actually Trump's hair.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Unless an eclipse path magically jumps from large city to large city like a laser beam, it will always predominantly hit red counties.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You did well in geography as a lad. Good for you. Actually, since no totality is in New England, I'm surprised the Globe is covering it at all.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Boston Globe: Check out our ridiculous coverage of the eclipse. No one will top this.

Washington Post: Hold my beer:

10. albert777

albert777 Active Member

My daughter-in-law has an aunt that lives in Charleston, SC, right in the path of totality. She, my son, their kids and my daughter are driving over there for the big event. Other son is going to Arkansas to watch it. We'll get 85-90% here, and I'm good with that.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My county was one of the only blue ones in my state!

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted