1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great BLOG!!!!!! by Rich Cimini on Curtis Martin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 1, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

One of the toughest running backs to suit it up.

Seems like yesterday that he ate the Raiders alive in an exhibition in Oakland (in 1995) and you had the feeling Parcells had hit a home run.

3. Like almost everything Cimini does, this was God-awful.

He also forgot to mention how he got his ass kicked on the story.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey look everyone! It's the Mike Freeman wannabe!

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Good stuff about Curtis. I still find it amazing he played just one year of high school football for my mom's alma mater, Allderdice High before moving on to Pitt to battle with the immortal, to me, Billy West. I bet he ate a ton of Aiello's like we all should.

Great career. The NFL is losing three of the "classiest" (which in general parlance means black guys who are eloquent and Corey Dillon-esque in respect to the law) RBs in my short attention span in a year: Bettis, Barber and Martin.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Corey Dillon-esque with respect to the law?

9. Very nice piece.

Thanks for the link BYH

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

wow great story . thanks for linking BYH.

Its always amazing to me when you read about kids overcoming incredible obstacle's thrown at them in their young lives.

It make the mothers who fret over the fact that their son got a c on his 4th grade math test or did not complete his 10 pages of consonants seem so frivolous.

Draft saved Draft deleted