1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grants Pass sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Lance Ogden GP, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

What do you do in Grants Pass? Crater Lake, Redwood, Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, Oregon Coast?

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

The Rogue River is a big draw -- fishing, inner tubing and whitewater rafting. Good times. The Oregon Caves are less than an hour away toward the Northern California coast. Eugene isn't that far, nor is Ashland. Climate is mild, so you can be outside riding bikes, playing softball, hiking (Mt. McLaughlin out toward Klamath Falls), boating (lakes southeast of town).

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You're not hired.

4. a duel, eh? en garde!

5. Lance Ogden GP

Lance Ogden GP New Member

JPM - I have a pretty large group of resumes that I'll be going through this (Monday) morning and then will go from there. I really can't give you cut and dried dates until I see what I have.

Also, it's supposed to be 98 here today, but I assure you that I own a set of studded snow tires and will be digging them out in a couple of months. The state does a great job of keeping snow - we really don't get all that much -- off I-5, though.

6. Lance Ogden GP

Another note: It appears we had a few e-mail issues this weekend. If you shipped one off in the past 48 hours, would you mind hitting the send button again?

Lance

7. Morning? What kind of schedule do you have? Is it an afternoon paper?

8. Lance Ogden GP

I think I hear the press warming up as I type this. (Not literally, of course.)

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Any word on this one?

10. the dude in charge apparently has started sifting through resumes, but i haven't heard anything else.

11. jps

jps Active Member

"the dude in charge?"

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

According to unconfirmed reports, The Dude abides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.