1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grantland so far

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Kermit McManus

Kermit McManus New Member

I like site very much. Simmon's has shown bredth of knowledge on every sport.

Its the kind of site that you go to sleep thinking about.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

??

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Troll, ignore him

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm different. Give me lots of money.

5. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

With the state of newspapers and magazines, I can see why ESPN threw money at this...could be the ground floor of a successful new online format. Only time will tell.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

As is, the format of Grantland could only survive as a boutique to a larger sports store. Reading it, you would think the top - and only - story in America is the women's world cup. Of which I don't think you'd see a word if it wasn't splashed all over ESPN.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Funny, nothing in Grantland yet about one of biggest trending sports/ culture stories of the week-- the ESPN suspension of Bruce Feldman.

8. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

"How I got ESPN/Grantland to fund my eating and drinking habits"

By Wright Thompson

[​IMG]

Hopefully his next review is of salads.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Some good stuff on the board today.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I go to Grantland every day and I have to sift through its content to find something that I enjoy reading. Nothing has truly resonated with me yet, but I enjoyed Chris Suellentrop's piece on the Sprint Center and a recent Sasha Vujacic-Maria Sharapova celebrity couplings piece (hey, it appealed to the pop culture junkie in me). Not necessarily trend stories, but more human interest/nostalgia/trendiness. Regardless, it's still in an experimental phase. It'll find direction and an audience.

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Wow, SEC Guy, that's a dick move.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yeah. That's some miserable bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted