1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grammys Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Feb 10, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Most provocative ensemble of the evening on the red carpet was Nas wearing a T-shirt with the N-word on it. But it was in classy old English style. Saw the interview on CNN which didn't bother to blur it out. Interesting.

And Barack Obama won a Grammy, beating Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter in spoken word recording (audiobook). Do they have separate categories for Republicans and Dems?

2. Did anybody else see the Cirque de Soleil performance of "A Day in the Life?" That was interesting take on one my my favorite Beatles songs.

Also, who is singing "Let it Be?" I never saw "Across the Universe."

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Bringing Cyndi Lauper in public = BAD IDEA.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What's Kanye gonna do when he finally gets his Grammy?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Great show so far, but TERRIBLE job of telling who the performers are.

Saw the Cirque du Soleil 'Love' show in Vegas....never hated anything more. Like when you go to your cousin's house for a holiday and all the kids decide to put on a show. And I love Cirque du Soleil and the Beatles, but they were not meant to be together.

Awesome dress on Alicia Keys at the top of the show, btw. That is why God made Hollywood Fashion Tape.

7. TheSportsPredictor

Like Jason Bateman said when introducing John Paul Jones: "For the morons, he was in Led Zeppelin." ;D

8. It's nice to see The Beatles get a win.

9. TheSportsPredictor

I've got a great idea for next year -- I'm gonna stick a whole bunch of Beatles songs on an album, maybe it'll win a Grammy!!

10. TheSportsPredictor

I think George Martin might throw a couple of silver spheres into the audience just to see whose heads they might drill into.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who else does "Finally?" I know I've heard it before by a female, but it wasn't Fergie...

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Yay! TINA!

Draft saved Draft deleted