1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grammy Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Or as Little Enos in Smokey and The Bandit

[​IMG]

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Williams also wrote and sang all the songs (with Scott Baio lip-synching) in the 1970s kids playing grown-ups gangster movie "Bugsy Malone," which was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I thought Dale Evans had come back to life, but it was just Madonna.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Beatles get a lifetime achievement award, Ringo joins him on stage and McCartney thinks that's the time to debut a new song? Disappointing.

5. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

He also wrote "The Rainbow Connection" and starred in Phantom of the Paradise, which supposedly inspired Daft Punk's helmets.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wife recorded a PBS documentary on Paul Williams and it was a fascinating look at how he dropped out of sight after having been all over the airwaves and TV in the 70's. Sadly, drugs simply just took over his life, but somehow he got himself cleaned up and was doing small shows in Missouri, et al., by the end of the doc. Glad to see he's doing better. (I started a Paul Williams channel on Pandora and its fun)

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

What did everyone think of having the YouTubers performing the nominees' songs late in the show?

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

To preface, I missed the show because I watched the Royal Rumble.

Is anybody hearing flack over Katy Perry dressing up as a witch and being burning at the stake for singing about gay love? Because some of my fire-and-brimstone, old timey religious family members have taken to their Facebooks to lament the downfall of society (as they do at least once a week). Given that they tend to react this way to anything more risqué than commercials for the greatest hits of Anne Murray, was it really that bad?

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I thougtht Perry's performance was pretty lame and did not realize that it would cause a stir until I saw the McArron ccomments retweeted.

Musically it was devoid of any passion and just seemed like going through the motions.

10. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Dumb.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Well, there was a shout out to Jeffrey Dahmer (by her collaborator, Juicy J).

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There's a reference to Dahmer in the song:
    'She’s a beast/I call her karma/She’ll eat your heart out like Jeffrey Dahmer.'

I don't know if that qualifies as a 'shout out.'

Draft saved Draft deleted